PLEASE READ our COVID-19 Guidance
Eigg’s community response to COVID-19
From 26th April we have been able to welcome visitors back to Eigg. It will be lovely to see you, but before you arrive please take a few moments to read this page.
Please ensure that if you are planning on visiting our island you check all the guidance available at your time of travel to ensure that you can travel to Eigg from the area you live on the Visit Scotland website.
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 being brought into island communities the Scottish Government is encouraging anyone planning to travel to a Scottish Island to TEST BEFORE YOU TRAVEL. You can order rapid lateral flow tests (LFT) for home delivery anywhere in the UK by clicking here. The tests should arrive within 24-48 hours.
Please test THREE DAYS BEFORE YOU PLAN TO TRAVEL and then AGAIN ON THE DAY OF YOUR DEPARTURE. If you are positive, this would allow you to self-isolate and book a PCR test. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms, you must self-isolate and book a PCR test through your Health Board/Trust.
Please note that if your LFT result is negative, this is not a guarantee that you do not have COVID-19. You must continue to follow national and local restrictions, including FACTS guidance.
All the businesses will be following the guidance and protocols laid down for safe reopening by the government and social distancing will be in place where required.
To help keep everyone safe and ensure your visit/stay on Eigg is enjoyable we would ask that you:
- Respect the changes that the Tourism Businesses here, have put in place, to protect both you, their staff and themselves.
- Please ensure that you take all precautions while on the island to observe social distancing, hand washing/sanitising procedures and mask wearing when required.
- We are fortunate that our wee island shop has managed to stay open throughout the pandemic but in line with social distancing guidance they can only accept 3 customers at a time. To help the shop’s smooth running we ask that whenever possible you place orders by email for delivery to your holiday accommodation. Orders can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avoid busy areas, whenever possible. The pier area can become quite busy at boat times with deliveries and other goods arriving so please try and avoid this area at these times if possible.
- Advise your host immediately if you or your family show symptoms of Covid 19, either during, or in the 10 days after your visit.
Eigg residents and the all the tourism businesses here, will do our part by:
- Following Government Covid 19 Guidelines on Health and Safety.
- Observing social distancing, hand washing/sanitising and mask wearing rules.
- Advising you should there be a Covid 19 outbreak anywhere on the island during your stay.
To find out what the level of where you live in is, and what you can and can’t do, click HERE